The Lure of Excess - II

Progress has been slower than I initially anticipated, for a number of reasons, but I finally managed to get all of my miniatures in the one place and take a picture: 


As you can see, I've finished assembly of my two units of infantry, and the Herald, but I'm still yet to begin on the Keeper of Secrets or Endless Spells. This is because I haven't been able to get the bases I need, so I've been focusing on the Daemonettes, to the point where I had to dig them all out and check to make sure I had enough. I'm lucky I did, because I almost had too many. Another development since last time, I had completely forgotten to add Musicians, Icons and Banners, so they had to be put together to get the necessary combat bonuses.  


I'm planning to begin painting just as soon as I finish up the last of my Flesh Eater Courts, but I'm still not in a hurry until I get principal assembly done. As I tend to bounce between projects, I like to get all of my painting done in sections, a squad here then something else to break it all up. The downside of this approach is that I can forget what paints I used, so I don't want to jump in to painting Hedonites until all of my ghouls are done. 


Melbourne Winter is not conducive to spray undercoating my miniatures. In the first two rows you may be able to make out the icons (from old Lizardmen sprues), banners (from a variety of places) and musicians. The rest of the regiment are quite mixed in their look, which I'll have to tie together with painting when I get there. 


The second regiment in all it's lack of glory. I know quite a few wargamers are "allergic" to undercoated miniatures on the table, which I understand, as I always prefer to play with a fully painted army, but I'm also young enough to remember being a full-time student and part-time worker and not getting much painting done, so I tend to be a bit forgiving. I also paint at a rate of knots now that I have a permanent painting table, 400 models finished this year at last count, so I tend to not take any criticism of my unpainted models seriously. 

Hopefully next time I update, I'll have a converted Keeper of Secrets and some Endless Spells to show off. Or at least a test-paint of a Daemonette. 

Comments