Battleground General - Choose your own adventure WW2 Style.

Another lock down here in Melbourne (sigh). The last 12 months has seen next to no gaming however plenty of painting and modeling happening. Yes, there has been Zoom gaming but not as much as we would all like.

To get my fix I bought the below book from Book depository for about $15AUD.  If you looking for a history book on the battle of Arnhem look elsewhere, this is a fun way to get fill up an hour or so and you can do it more than once.


You can play (read) as Either Major General Roy Urquhart or the German General Bittrich, I went as the latter for my first go.

There is a short background history of the event then you are presented with the facts on the ground that your character faces. You have to choose what you do just like the old "Choose Your Own Adventure" books that you may have read as a kid.


It took about an hour to read through my first go,  alas for the German army it didn’t turn out well I took one or two decisions that went badly and if I remember correctly (it was some weeks ago) I ended up been court-martialed.

Overall, it’s a bit of fun and might give you a gaming fix, there is also one or two others in the series including from the same authors is ‘El Alamein’.


https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Battleground-General-Arnhem-1944-Paperback/p/3197

By Diane Canwell, Jon Sutherland

Imprint: Pen & Sword Military

Pages: 176

ISBN: 9781848844841

Comments